Empowering high school students to lead their peers in sustainability
The Sustainability Ambassadors (SA) Program was launched in 2017 as the Student Exclusive Ambassadors Program in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, to extend the involvement of youth in the sustainability conversation from its forum at Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW) into a year-round programme of activities.
Our mission is to prepare high school students to become sustainability ambassadors by offering them core knowledge, skills training, genuine work experience and networking skills through events that take place over the course of the academic year.
• UAE Schools both government and private
• Grade 11 students (or equivalent)
• Parents/guardian approval
• Excellent spoken English and Arabic
• Possess a genuine interest for technology, sustainability, and renewable energy
• Positive attitude
• Openness and willingness to learn
• Excellent personal presentation and communication skills
• Commitment to attend all workshops
A series of training and development sessions aimed at teaching the following concepts and skills:
• Time management and interpersonal skills
• Communication skills and protocol awareness
• Knowledge on Climate Change and green technologies
• Leadership skills
Submissions to the 2021 Sustainability Ambassadors Program will be open in September 2020.
If you are interested in joining the SA program or require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.