The Sustainability Ambassadors (SA) is a year-long program designed for high school students to become Sustainability Ambassadors by offering them core knowledge & skills training, authentic work experience, and quality networking at major events during the academic year.
Through this unique program, students play an active role in Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW) and engage in a year-round program to learn about the future outlook of the sustainability agenda, and better understand how to positively contribute to the implementation of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development goals (SDGs).
The SA program accepts 50 new students in every cohort.
Sustainability Ambassadors Selection Criteria:
- UAE Based schools (government and private)
- UAE nationals and UAE residents are eligible to apply
- Senior high school students aged 15-18 years
- Excellent spoken English (Arabic optional)
- Possess a genuine interest for sustainability, environment, technology, energy and skills
- Has shown high educational performance
- Positive attitude and a ‘people person’
- Openness and willingness to learn
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Reliability and ability to dedicate time to complete the year-long program
- Parental approval for participation in the program (signed letter will be requested at a later date)
- Complete the online application and submit one-minute video explaining why he/she is the best candidate for the program
Sustainability Ambassadors - Roles and Responsibilities:
- Commit to the year-long program and activities
- 25% to Skillup online learning
- 22% to Virtual Series attendance and participation
- 22% to attendance of events and forums (such as Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week..etc)
- 31% to Innovation Lab participation (through Ecothon Innovation Challenge)
- Represent Y4S in their schools and wider network