The Sustainability Ambassadors (SA) is a year-long program designed for high school students to become Sustainability Ambassadors by offering them core knowledge & skills training, authentic work experience, and quality networking at major events during the academic year.
Through this unique program, students play an active role in Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW) and engage in a year-round program to learn about the future outlook of the sustainability agenda, and better understand how to positively contribute to the implementation of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development goals (SDGs).
The SA program accepts 50 new students in every cohort.
- Students from UAE schools (government and private)
- UAE nationals and UAE residents are eligible to apply
- Senior high school students aged 15-18 years
- Excellent spoken English (Arabic optional)
- Possess a genuine interest for technology, sustainability, energy and the betterment of the UAE • Has shown high educational performance
- Positive attitude and a ‘people person’
- Openness and willingness to learn
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Reliable and dedicated to completing all components of the program
- Parental approval for participation in the program (signed letter will be requested at a later date)
- Completed online application and submission of a one-minute video explaining the reasons for enrolling in the program.
Sustainability Ambassadors - Roles and Responsibilities
- Commit to the year-long program by attending all workshops and activities
- Represent Y4S in their schools and wider network
- Participate in the work experience opportunity at the Y4S Hub during ADSW
- Participate in the Ecothon competition in February 2021
The application deadline for the Sustainability Ambassadors program has passed. The Youth 4 Sustainability team will contact the successful applicants shortly. If you require any further information, please email email@example.com.