The Future Sustainability Leaders (FSL) is a year-long program that connects university students and young professionals with global business leaders, policymakers, and technology pioneers, to help them learn the latest sustainability best practices. The program provides core knowledge, skills training, genuine work experience and networking skills through events that take place over a 12-month period. Each cycle begins at Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW), the region’s largest sustainability gathering, held each January in Abu Dhabi.
Through this unique programme, students learn about the future outlook of the sustainability agenda, and better understand how to positively contribute to the implementation of global sustainable development goals.
- Complete online application
- Aged between 19 and 35 years
- Open to both national and international students
- Hold an undergraduate degree, or be pursuing one, at an accredited institution (all majors)
- Reliability and commitment to the program
- Submit a statement demonstrating the applicant’s interest in sustainability-related fields (applicant must possess a genuine interest for technology, sustainability, energy and the UAE)
Roles and Responsibilities of FSL Members
- Commit to the year-long program and activities
- Participate in at least 60 per cent of workshops
- Participate in all projects, challenges, and competitions (where applicable)
- Promote the FSL program through your social network (when applicable)
- Mandatory participation in Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (such as the Ecothon and the full program set by the organisers – three full days)
- Deliver an ‘FSL Talk,’ which is an 8-10 minute presentation on related sustainability topics of interest such as, but not limited to: new technologies, policies, people of interest, etc.
The application deadline for the Future Sustainability Leaders program has passed. The Youth 4 Sustainability team will contact the successful applicants shortly. If you require any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.