Sustainable Real Estate
Masdar City is one of the most sustainable urban developments in the world. Powered by renewable energy, Masdar City combines passive and intelligent design to showcase how an urban environment can accommodate denser populations with fewer resources.
Designed as a clean technology cluster with special economic incentives, the city attracts companies to commercialise and deploy new energy technologies in the Middle East. The community is home to 198 companies and growing.
Key features of the city include:
- Energy and water demand reductions of 40%
- Home to 400 companies and growing
- Establishment of the Siemens regional headquarters
- The Masdar Institute campus
- The headquarters of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)