1. Eligibility: Masdar’s Engage blogging contest is open those 18 years of age or older.
2. Contest Period: Contest entry period ends December 31, 2012 at 12 Midnight Eastern Standard Time (EST). Voting ends January 3, 2013 at 12 Midnight (EST).
3. Assignment: Bloggers will be expected to write a blog post addressing the following question: “What steps can individuals, businesses or world leaders take to address the most pressing and often interrelated water and energy challenges?” Each post should be between 400-600 words in length.
4. To Enter:
5. Winner Selection: Qualifying entries will be reviewed by a judging panel who will weigh: a) The number of votes for the post on the Masdar website; b) The number of Tweets, Facebook “Likes” and “Shares” on the Masdar and bloggers’ websites; c) The overall quality of the post.
6. Prize: One winner will be selected for an all-expense paid trip to Abu Dhabi (January 13-17) and hired as Masdar’s VIP blogger for the week, posting regular updates throughout Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, and receiving a modest stipend for their efforts.
7. Prize Restrictions: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of destination, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation. Winners are responsible for having valid travel documents and passport. Employees of Masdar or its partners and subsidiaries are not eligible.
8. Entry Requirements: Submissions must be the original work of the entrant; may not have been used previously for public display; must be suitable for publication; may not be promotional endorsements for brands or companies; and may not contain any copyrighted works owned by other parties. Entries will be reviewed for compliance with these rules before being published and/or judged. Masdar makes the final determination as to what entries are eligible.
9. Commercial Use of Entries: Submission of an entry grants Masdar the unconditional, irrevocable, worldwide right to publish, use, edit and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant, winning or not.
Making profitable and sound investments in renewable energy and sustainable technology.>Learn more
Advancing the academic research critical to clean energy and sustainable technologies.>Learn more
Investing in the commercialization of tomorrow’s most promising clean technologies.>Learn more
Driving the development of large-scale clean energy projects.>Learn more
Enabling innovation and sustainable urban development in a modern cleantech cluster and free economic zone.>Learn more
Convening a week-long open global platform for renewable energy and sustainability dialogue, partnership and action.>Learn more
Single location for all of Masdar's past press releases, media downloads and press inquiries.>Learn more